October 27, 2009

The view outside my Tiong Bahru window (Kokak!)

Last weekend, I was fortunate enough to be part of the invitees to the Nuffnang Asia Pacific Blog Awards in Singapore (thanks Carlos!). It was great to witness blogging history unfold in Asia and I can't help but be optimistic about blogging as an 'industry' in the very near future.

Anyway, all international event guests were billeted at The Link Hotel in the Tiong Bahru area. This is my first time to stay outside the commercial areas...Hmm come to think of it, ALL of Singapore is a commercial area. A 'commercial theme park' as Pau likes to call it. The zoning was evident in the surrounding structures - low rise numbered residential buildings or Singapore's version of tenement housing. Apparently, according to my cab driver's unsolicited information, my hotel also used to be low cost housing but is now, and I quote directly from uncle cabbie, a budget hotel.


Lots of local family owned restaurants dot the area and my bedroom view wasn't spared from that.


This particularly sign caught my attention.



Ummm... too bad I left my foodie self in Manila or else I would have had jumped at the opportunity to slurp on good old frog porridge literally right outside my window =p


Follow-up Singapura blogs will be posted on my travel blog.

No comments: