July 21, 2006

My Mom was a Carpenter

The other night I finally bought a copy of The Carpenter's greatest hits collection. It came in a box set with 2 CDs and 1 DVD for only P895(great buy!). Looking at the list of songs in the CD I coudn't help but sing all the titles. Then it hit me. How'd I know so many Carpernter songs? It certainly isnt my style but I love humming along to the tunes. I blame this all on my mom (in a good way of course :))

The Carpenters would probably be one of my musical influences. I think listening to them gave me my first taste of simple yet moving lyrics(like "we've only just begun to live", "why do birds suddenly appear everytime you are near", "don't they know its the end of the world" and "calling occupants of interplanetary craft" =p).

Thanks for introducing me Karen mom!
---
By the way, does anybody know why a lot of groups in the past had "THE" attached to their names? The Cascades, The Platters, The Beachboys?



I dont know what's more disturbing... the hair, the make-up, the dress or the pose [shrudder]

No comments: